Energy Star Training Page
Builders: Have a plan for making the cut for Energy Star Version 3
Partnership & Training
- New partners only: Join ENERGY STAR (www.energystar.gov/homesPA).
- Take online Version 3 Builder Orientation (www.energystar.gov/mesa).
- Bonus: Share training with staff who need an introduction to ENERGY STAR Version 3.
- Confirm that Rater has taken Version 3 training (www.resnet.us/energystar).
- Confirm that HVAC contractor is getting credentialed (www.energystar.gov/newhomesHVAC).
- Orient yourself to the website and download the Version 3 National Program Requirements and Inspection Checklists (www.energystar.gov/newhomesguidelines).
Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist2009 IECC insulation levels (Item 2.1)
- Reduced thermal bridging at attic eaves, slab edges, attic platforms, above-grade walls (Section 4) HVAC System Quality Installation Checklists
- Site-specific HVAC design (Contractor Checklist Sections 2-5, Rater Checklist Section 1)
- Whole-house mechanical ventilation (Contractor Checklist Section 1, Rater Checklist Section 5)
Reduced duct leakage (Rater Checklist Items 4.1 and 4.2)
- Water Management System Builder Checklist
- Fully flashed windows & doors (Item 2.3)
Use the Marketing Tools Available
- Join the "We're In!" campaign on EPA's web site
- Promote your commitment to local media
- Download Version 3 consumer brochures to link from your website.